12 to 14 Inch Boards
- A very high quality chess board constructed by reputable chess board manufacturer Rechapados Ferrer...£41.68
- 32cm Square Italian made laminated chessboard with a printed checker board finish and algebraic...£14.99£9.99over 33% off
- Excellent quality chess board produced by reputable chess board manufacturer Rechapados Ferrer S.A....£46.07
- Walnut wood deluxe chess board produced by reputable chess board manufacturer Rechapados Ferrer of...£52.65
- Contemporary Wenge wood deluxe chess board produced by reputable chess board manufacturer...£52.65
- 36cm Square Italian made laminated chessboard with a printed checker board finish and algebraic...£17.99£12.99over 28% off
- Pack of 6 Felt pads to provide protective feet for unprotected chess boards. Supplied specifically...£1.99
- The most astonishing thing about this Italian Chess board is the warm scent of real leather that...£119.99
- The rustic feel of this Italian Leather Chess Board sets it apart from anything else we have here...£119.99
These diminutive Chessboards are a practical purchase thanks to their smaller size, while they also offer competitors a large enough area to play comfortably upon. Now there is no doubt that some of our larger boards can dominate a room, acting as an ornamental feature as well as a Chess Board. And, although this is true for our beautiful Wenge and Maple Board, the real strength of the 12 to 14 inch chess boards is their practicality.
Wenge Maple Board
They are easy to store and can be tucked away when they are not being played on. This is particularly true with our robust, Laminated Italian Chessboards that are thin enough to slide into a bookshelf. Those particular boards are built to last and have been made to an extremely high quality by our manufacturing partners in Italy, who provide us with 12.6. and 14.2 inch boards.
Laminated Italian Board
The rest of the boards within this category are marginally thicker although never exceeding more than 0.6 inches. The Ebonised Down Head Knights, at 2.5 inches, are of the size that is best suited to the chess boards within this category. Larger pieces with a 3-inch king will fit on the larger boards in this section although any playing surfaces smaller than 13 inches will look crowded with any pieces more than 2.5 inches in size. Over the last year these more compact chessboards have become increasingly popular, prompting us to now look for more to add to the collection. We are expecting this range to grow as players continue to look for smaller boards that still have a traditional feel.