Wooden Chess Sets
- The World Chess Championship chess set is in line to become the new standard for tournament chess...£299.99£275.00over 8% off
- Elegant perfection deluxe Ebony Staunton chessmen with a unique Italian wooden chess board at...£299.99£269.78over 10% off
- This fine chess set combines our excellent Down head Staunton chess pieces and our deluxe walnut...£69.11£51.45over 26% off
- Distinctive and characterful chess set matching the Blackmore series sheesham chessmen with a very...£175.53£131.60over 25% off
- If there was a match made in heaven, this is certainly it. The Madrid series Staunton chessmen are...£383.97£296.22over 23% off
- The Royal Flower chess set provides an slight departure, but elegant remux of the Staunton design....£120.67£91.00over 25% off
- A simply perfect chess piece and board combination! The Sandringham series Staunton chessmen are a...£399.99£299.95over 25% off
- Pioneer design Staunton influenced chessmen in Golden Rosewood and Boxwood. Hand turned and...£87.96£72.65over 17% off
- A very traditional chess set combination of our elegant Windsor series chessmen in solid Rosewood...£199.99£169.79over 15% off
- The Competition Staunton chess set bundle is one of the best value sets in our range. Everything...£129.99£109.99over 15% off
Our Range of wooden chess sets is vast. We have the best selection of chess boards in Europe and a vast selection of very high quality wooden chess pieces. Our wooden chess sets section below showcases our most popular wooden chessmen and boards. The pieces have been matched perfectly with the boards to create some truly beautiful chess sets.
When most people search for their ideal chess set they tend to look for a wooden chess set. Traditionally chess sets have always been wooden, indeed most chess sets in the world today are made from wood. Wood is such an ideal material, in fact most of the worlds finest and most expensive chess pieces are made from fine luxury hard woods. The Regency Chess Company presents the finest wooden chess sets to you, all of which are stocked in our UK based warehouse and ready for immediate dispatch. With the finest wood combinations and true attention to detail you simply won't find a better selection of wooden chess sets in the UK or Europe.
What Makes Wood So Special?
Wood is a material that has been used for centuries to enrich our lives. Everything from houses to chopping boards are made from wood and there is a type of wood for almost every application, from guitars and violins to hammers and table legs, wood is everywhere. The current age is the first time in our history that wood is becoming scarce, rare and endangered. As the environmental issues unfold wood is moving from a substance of abundance to something precious and scarce. Of course certain woods are much more affected by this than others. Brazilian rosewood for example is now so rare and valuable that people keep stocks of it locked away in vaults. It is sold only to people intending to make priceless violins and super luxury guitars. Our wooden chess sets have been crafted from some really superb and valuable woods. Ebony, rosewood, sandalwood, and sheesham wood, all of which are rising in price and dwindling in stocks now that deforestation is mostly prohibited. Our range of wooden chess sets features countless wood types, some that are rapidly increasing in value as stocks run low.
Great Value Wooden Chess Sets
Our range of wooden chess sets certainly covers the full length and breadth of the price bands. We have sets of boards and pieces starting at under fifty pounds and heading well in the thousands. Even if you are only in the market for a more modest chess set bear in mind that even our budget chessmen are carefully sourced for their excellent quality and design. None of our chess boards are imported from China, in fact the boards on our budget sets are all sourced from Europe. Which ever set you choose to buy you can be confident that the quality will be unparalleled.
Large Wooden Chess Sets
Within our range of wooden chess sets are some really large sets. What people consider to be large can be very variable, while some people consider a sixteen inch chess set to be big, others want to see at least twenty inches before they would consider it large. Our range of wooden chess boards features sets from just over twelve inches right up to twenty four inches. We are of course referring to the size of the board, from one end to the other. A typical large chess set would be anything over twenty one inches.