Job Title: E-Commerce Channel Manager
Location: Frome, Somerset
Hours of work: F/T 37 hours per week
Salary: £20k basic with performance bonus to £27k OTE
As our E-Commerce Channel Manager, you will be responsible for growing our sales through optimising existing sales channels, opening new channels, managing partner-website relationships, active marketing and maintaining our published online content.
The role is very varied including SEO, social media (FB, Instagram etc.), website content writing, project management, graphic design and video editing.
You will need the drive to grow revenue and profit, with the ingenuity to spot opportunities that can be exploited.
The Regency Chess Company expects both a high level of professionalism and a personal touch. The successful applicant will be able to build rapport with external contacts and develop close working relationships with internal team members.
As we are a small team, there will be times when you will need to cover other roles so being a team-player with a willingness to get stuck in is essential.
You will manage your own time efficiently, and balance technical and administrative tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Proactive management of sales platforms/channels (including accurate syncing to existing company software, product descriptions, content writing, pricing and images)
- Working with the business owner to identify new sales opportunities
- Proactive marketing for the business
- Building effective relationships with external contacts and the internal team
- Ability to work without supervision
- Owning projects & tasks from start to completion
- Monitor and adapt to the changing needs of e-Commerce platforms, flexing approach as necessary
- Work collaboratively across the business to meet company objectives
- Take ownership of solving problems
- Very sharp attention to detail and investigative mindset
Qualifications and desirable skills
- Sales Channel management
- Marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates ownership and is comfortable working individually and in a team
- Active interest in e-Commerce
- Quick to pick up new information and a willingness to learn
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong IT background
- Adobe Photoshop skills
- Experience of the following systems;
- Amazon Seller Central
- Woo Commerce
- MS Office
The Regency Chess Company
Established for over ten years The Regency Chess Company has become Europe’s leading online retailer of traditional games. We run a small yet dedicated team in our business premises in Frome, Somerset and offer a superb range of products alongside top-quality customer service.
- Performance-related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Free tea & coffee at the in-house staff specialty coffee shop
Regency Chess Company values
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and manages expectations. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit whilst supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Customer service – Manages all Customer situations with appropriate action and responds promptly to customer needs and meets commitments, both internally and externally. Has an excellent telephone manner and communicates to customers in a user-friendly language.
Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathering and analysing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions and escalates as appropriate.
Technical skills – Commits to being knowledgeable and up-to-date within relevant technologies. Strives continuously to build knowledge and skills, especially within the business’ core areas. Shares expertise and knowledge with others.
Time Management – Prioritise and plans work activities using time efficiently. Meets required commitments on quantity and quality of work.
To apply for the role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org